Thursday 4 April 2013

Review- Cosmic shimmer mists

Hello!


For my first blog post I shall be reviewing the cosmic shimmer mists by creative expressions. I have 4 colours; Pearl mist, Antique rose, Egyptian blue and bilberry crush.
Here's some swatches for you.



So as you can see the colours are very nice. But unfortunetly these sprays are a nightmare! first problem came up when I had to shake the bottle to mix the mica powder back in with the liquid. There is no mixing ball in the container so is very difficult and takes great effort to make sure its thoroughly mixed.
                               The second problem is the bottles are not great, particularly  the Egyptian blue. When skaken the cap fills up with product and spills everywhere when you open it. My one may have been a dud but they all did it after shaking them for a while.
                                 Third and final problem is the spray nozzle cant seem to handle the mica powder. You may get one maybe two sprays out of it then its clogges and just drips pigment onto the page. Sometimes shaking it again stops this but after having to shake it for so long in the first place this gets very frustratiing!

The only good things I have to say about these products are the colours are loveley and the price is reasonable but over all take alot of work to get a good final product. I would suggest decanting them into a different spray bottle and trying that. I will countinue to use the ones i have but may invest in some Tattered angels glimmer mists instead as I hear good things!

Dayle~



I have added 2 links; one for cosmic shimmer and another for glimmer mists. :) Happy crafting





#crafts #cosmicshimmermist #scrapbooking #papercraft #glimmermists #creativeexpressions #craftblog 

1 comment:

  1. Would never ever buy these again, absolute nightmare. They work for about one day and then clog. So angry I spent my money on these.

    ReplyDelete